- Leading the overall business performance & growth of the Specialty Chemicals segment and establishing & driving the strategy, aligned to the group’s goal and vision. The executive would be responsible for stabilizing the business through sustainable business growth & delivery of Quality Services with a focus on building a customer base for the organization and expanding it in the coming years. The executive would be accountable for the P&L of the business.
Strategy and Planning:
- Formulate and drive the business strategy & Annual Operation Plan in line with the Group business plan and targets.
- Develop operating strategy (covering production, quality, HSE etc.) in line with the business strategy.
- Advice on the preparation of a Sales & Marketing budget and allocating it to strategic priorities, geographies under the business.
- Monitor and track performance against targets and set governance to ensure operational & financial prudence.
- Monitor manufacturing performance and take corrective action for course correction in case of deviations.
- Identify key projects for the business, in line with its strategic priorities, and liaise with Projects team to deliver on the same.
- Support in identification of inorganic growth opportunities and other expansion opportunities & integrating it into the business, as and when required.
- Build organization’s capability to address emerging opportunities & threats and future proof the organization.
- Examine opportunities to drive cost efficiencies across the value chain.
Sales & Marketing:
- Drive expansion plans into multiple markets – scale up sales presence in target geographies.
- Accountable for delivering overall sales numbers across the globe for the Speciality Chemicals segment.
- Participate in preparation of detailed sales plans with the business development & analytic teams & Sales Support.
- Review sales revenue projections and performance against the same on a regular basis.
- Oversee maintenance of relationships with new & existing accounts to steady revenue flows as well as ensure market penetration.
- Design marketing processes & guidelines; Set up systems and processes for the marketing function & to ensure the flow of info from sales to marketing team.
- Oversee insights basis marketing analytics & metrics such as marketing effectiveness, sales numbers etc.
- Oversee the representation of SC Segment in seminars, trade shows, exhibitions etc.
Operations/Production/Quality Monitoring & SCM Review:
- Track and review production targets, Production planning and Control and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Analyze plant productivity, Operational efficiencies and ensure best in class Manufacturing Systems and Processes. Work on Productivity improvement techniques.
- Study capacity & breakdowns and identify improvement & debottlenecking initiative.
- Ensure focus on Quality management (QA), Preventive and Predictive maintenance and Utilities management.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a robust quality management system that includes policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure consistent quality throughout the organization.
- Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives, to drive continuous improvement in quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Look for opportunities to introduce automation to improve efficiency.
- Review logistics budget & vendor selection strategy domestically & internationally to ensure better economies of scale and cost optimization.
Safety & Compliance:
- Ensuring of environment & safety related aspects.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that all statutory compliance requirements applicable to the organization are adhered to.
- Plan and oversee internal safety audits.
Innovation and Technology:
- Define annual plan and budget for the Production Technology & R&D function and define metrics to measure value addition and cost savings.
- Derive a clear strategic perspective on innovation to guide Specialty Chemicals Segment for long term.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, encouraging the adoption of best practices in various functions.
- Take overall responsibility for people development initiatives and building up in-house capabilities for the employees in the department.
- Drive a performance driven culture in the team by timely monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to the team members.
- Contribute towards development of talent by providing subordinates with adequate exposure and growth opportunities to enable readiness for higher roles.
- Support capability development programs of the organization by identifying & recommending the training areas.
- Develop a high-performance work environment to build a capable and motivated team.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably a Chemical Engineering Graduate) with an MBA would be preferred.
- 20+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in the business leadership role with P&L responsibility.
- Age: Upto 50 Years.
- An executive who has a good grounding in Manufacturing and subsequently moved into Sales & Business roles would be an ideal choice.
- Exposure to managing large teams and handling Industrial Relations.
- Multilocation experience with a proven track record of growing business and achieving financial targets.
- Sound chemistry knowledge with experience of working in an entrepreneur led organization is highly desirable.
- Exposure to building and leading global sales networks.
- Experience of working in a fast-growing organization and exposed to scaling up the business.