- The Executive would be an integral member of the senior leadership team & lead the growth journey to ensure development of new opportunities in the product group through the “Innovation Funnel” with set objectives leading the process from “IDEA to Commercialization” & “Marketing of Products” through its life cycle.
- Based on the individual’s capability to integrate with other processes, teams and the culture and ethos of the organization, other verticals would be added & the Executive being given the role of leading Product Management team.
- Display leadership in setting and supporting other functions. Strategic interaction will be with R&D, NPT, Conversion, Business Creation, Global Customer Delight and Sourcing for achievement of overall business objectives of sales, margin and customer satisfaction.
- This role will lead by example to empower creativity, diversity & inclusion through inspiring & influencing leadership, mentorship, and collaboration.
- Develop and mentor the staff, ensuring they continue to gain skills and experience in preparation for larger roles. Promote a culture of collaboration and customer focus.
- To identify, track and handle competition moves and subsequent customer negotiations.
- Manage product lines to achieve growth and margin and ROCE targets, including implementation of pricing models, portfolio management, and customer projects.
- Assess product or product lines competition, update pricing matrices, review and recommend product pricing.
- Recommend product lines additions and deletions based upon market and sales data, technical reviews, competitor analysis, as well as customer and sales surveys.
- Identify, develop, and implement strategic concepts that will profitably grow the portfolio.
- Manage product line financial forecasts, demand forecasts, cost reduction initiatives, market/competitive intelligence, business process improvement, and tactical marketing activities.
- Coordinate product introduction launches and promotional activities, and provide input on global market needs.
- Identify new, innovative products, and consult with internal technical and business experts in order to develop a ‘go to market’ strategy.
- Coordinate with Principals in terms of understanding the pipeline of innovations and their marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with suppliers and distributors to achieve maximized sales opportunities for various active ingredients.
- Develops and executes comprehensive programs on existing and new specialty products to support sales revenue and objectives of the organization.
- Develop and execute dynamic campaigns that drive growth for all target segments. Guide development of all relevant marketing content including product promotion, engaging presentations, literature, case studies, video production, research reports, blog posts, social media, and webinars to highlight the company’s unique value.
- Develop strategy and oversee logistics and participation in industry events such as trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions. Coordinate with other subsidiaries for joint trade show participation.
- Participate at the senior management level to include, as necessary, assessment of overall strategy, financial targets, and goals for major initiatives with respect to Marketing.
- Develop a close working relationship and an integrated process with innovation and new product development effectively identifying and communicating market needs and trends, product opportunities and gaps, and competitive weaknesses.
- Analyzes and reports on the effectiveness of the marketing program.
- Spot trends in the market thereby translating into innovative projects & manage the innovation pipeline for all the projects led by the Business Development product group.
- Responsible for leading all business development efforts, market plan implementation, strategic partnerships and alliances, contract/ project management and execution.
- Devising new concepts for innovation and new products through market mapping and understanding of consumer trends.
- Engaging with customers to understand their business needs & constantly strive to improve customer satisfaction.
Qualification & Experience
- BSc (Chemistry) / Bright Chemical Engineer with MBA degree with 20+ years’ experience of which 7-8 years in the said role managing large teams.
- Excellent knowledge of legal and global regulatory requirements for the Personal & Home care industry.
- Age: 45-50 yrs.
- Consumer market orientation as regards the use of specialty personal care ingredients for formulation of finished products.
- Granular understanding of the personal care specialty market on a competitive level from both consumer and business to business perspectives.
- Demonstrated success of Application Selling/Value creation.
- Ability to galvanize Product Management best practices resulting in innovative product offerings, significant growth, and profitability.
- Customer orientation gained via significant participation in customer facing interactions in support of new project generation and pipeline development.