- The Executive will be accountable for overall production, productivity, ensuring quality of process & products and effective utilization of resources.
- Overall responsibility for Manufacturing activities across the business and managing multi-locational plants in India, responsible for developing, managing and, when required, deploying local teams at various facilities.
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the Company to function and compete in the market
- Evaluate the effectively challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the manufacturing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative manufacturing processes
- Planning and streamlining for the manufacture of new products, streamlining new production facilities,
- Optimizing costs, including labour and process changes to reduce costs, contract manufacturing, etc.
- Responsible for introducing and managing efficiencies including automation at plants, packaging lines, optimization of plant equipment, for ensuring utilization to meet production and dispatch targets, management of delivery of multiple SKUs
General and Task Management:
- Lead, develop and implement variable cost productivity programs across all areas of responsibility
- Implement a customer focused operational culture delivering world class customer service levels
- Coordinate team activities to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development
- Develop and manage master production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality and timelines
- Plan and execute maintenance activity to ensure plant is kept safe and compliant
- Drive improvements in reliability for key aspects of machinery by completing reliability studies and identifying best planned maintenance strategy
- Operate a process for safe selection of external contractors. In conjunction with the VP-Supply Chain and ensure all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value
- Suggest design changes for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets
- Manage the accurate and on-time introduction of new products
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Report on Manufacturing activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the manufacturing strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of technology change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities.
- To ensure production and storage of all products according to the set guidelines
- To implement industry standard QC processes and its strict implementation
- Ensure proper consumption of Raw and Packing Material and also final yield of the product
- Will be responsible to monitor all plant audits by outside local/international authorities
- Closely monitor & budget all factory capital assets, process machineries / equipment’s and also the utilities which are getting supplied in the production areas
- Provide insight and direction to the associates in the operating unit in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that all the functional / operational and safety procedures are adhered
- Planning of various activities and co-ordination with Cross Functional Teams for procurement of raw materials, equipment/instruments for the developmental activities
- Review and approval of various documents related to Factory Compliance, strictly adhere and ensure all factory compliances in place.
- Coordinating with various departments like Purchase (SCM), Analytical Development, Production, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance etc.
- Will manage a team of Factory managers and monitor their performance.
- Will be responsible to review the current processes and suggest for improvements and to setup process workflows.
Financial and Budget Management:
- Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects. Hold responsibility for the Manufacturing Budget.
- Experience in handling overall production unit right from Planning to Execution.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Technical mind set & Decision-making skills
- Ability to create a vision and long-term business strategy
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
Qualification & Experience:
- BE / BSc Tech in Chemical Engineering with minimum 20 years of experience, preferably from the Agrochemical Industry and exposure to managing Formulation site/ Batch process operations
- Age up to 53 years
- Technically sound and strong in Manufacturing / Operational skills
- Should have experience to managing multiple sites or a large site having multiple plants with at least 500+ employee strength
- Exposure to managing complex operations including processes & products is a must
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office / SAP preferred