- The incumbent will be responsible to develop and ensure implementation of strategic goals and objectives of the Manufacturing Unit to promote safety, quality, reliability, cost effective and timely supply of manufacturing products to business so as to improve revenue, profitability and growth for the business.
- To lead and drive operation function at the plant and focus on capacity utilization as well as provide administrative support for greenfield/ brownfield projects.
- Ensure achievement of production targets as per the defined targets and requirements of customers as per desired safety, quality, and cost standards.
- Provide solutions for all technical issues faced and develop & implement strategy for debottlenecking/ troubleshooting to achieve efficient production.
- Facilitate technology transfer from R&D to Laboratory to Commercial.
- Champion continuous process improvement initiatives and drive operational excellence by driving initiatives like WCM, TMP, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S and QMS.
- Ensure harmonious relations are maintained at the site.
- Liaisoning with government authorities and statutory bodies.
- Ensure proper coordination between various functions at the unit level for seamless operations.
- Steer implementation of new technology & up-gradation of existing equipment.
- Drive continual improvement in the Safety & Environment culture of the company through various initiatives/implementation of systems and EHS programs.
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory, statutory, and quality standard requirements.
- Ensure ZERO Accident in overall site operations.
- Monitor, measure, and review performance of reporting divisions against operating plans and standards.
People Management and Development
- Guiding team members to address & resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Responsible for career planning, building skills and competencies of key technical manpower.
- Develop performance objectives, give periodic feedback, provide recognition for high performance & develop competence at the site.
- Strengthen and exhibit organization’s culture and values at workplace.
- Ensure cohesive working amongst HOD’s of various functions.
- BE / BSc Tech in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent with minimum 20+ years of experience which includes at least 2+ years of experience in a leadership role of managing complete site operation.
- Age up to 53 years.
- Industry: Chemicals/ Agrochemicals/ Fertilizer/ Pharma API.
- Must have flair for manufacturing process management especially hazardous, and complex chemicals processes.
- A good understanding of overall safety management is a must.
- Experience of overall site management of Continuous or Batch process plant; manufacturing products in high volumes.
- Successful track record of cost / productivity / yield optimization.
- Hands on people development, coaching and leadership experience.
- Ability to maintain good relations with the external community as well as government agencies/ statutory bodies.