As the central point of contact for external customers, the executive would be interfacing with key decision makers at the client side, continuously engage with them to understand their requirements & business needs, involve with internal stakeholders to identify value-based propositions & application-focused innovations based on client needs and lead the complete Product Development cycle by running trials to assess the quality & viability of the developed products. He will also be involved in driving modern technology projects and identifying trends to improvise on the existing offerings/products and build relationships with clients.
- As the prime point of contact, understanding Customer voice, devise appropriate R&D strategy and drive New Product Development using GATE process.
- End-to-end responsible for developing products and driving innovation across all domains according to business and client roadmap, demonstrated in the past products and roles managed mostly in Polymers and Textiles.
- Analyze Market Trends with emphasis on development of New Products/Solutions
- Maximize product profitability and improve product performance through continuous research and technology advancements & upgradation.
- Assure competitiveness and innovation of products & processes from a technological and design standpoint.
- Function as an interface between the client and manufacturing team on the shop floor to ensure smooth collaboration on the delivery of the ideal product, which includes participating in production engineering of the Products.
- Consolidate the growth of the technical “know-how” within the working group is shared and constantly increasing.
- Apply all relevant international regulations/norms/standard.
- Encourage creativity in R&D teams and drive cultural transformation to enforce value-based training and valued propositions.
- Leverage skills of the existing team across domains and closely engage with cross-functional team across hierarchy to drive varied projects.
- Establish and maintain operational budgets for his team personnel and equipment.
- Support R&D projects at group level; Encourage participation and instill the culture for Knowledge sharing and implementing “best-practices.”
Qualification & Experience:
- 18+ years of total experience with significant exposure to Polymer Engineering or Textile Engineering
- Exposure to other areas viz. Engineering Plastics, Chemicals, Composites, Material Science and Coatings
- M. Tech. – preferably Ph.D.
- Experience of setting up an effective R&D infrastructure encompassing the development of a vision, identifying necessary equipment, establishing testing standards, infrastructure planning, and blueprint design.
- Affinity for and knowledge of Aquaculture
- Experience of running programs at multiple sites and locations
- Hands-on exposure to scientific studies across all domains of New Product Development
- Age: Up to 53 years