- To strategically guide and oversee the company’s technological direction in alignment with its business goals, ensuring seamless integration of new systems, processes, and acquisitions while fostering innovation, enhancing scalability, and maintaining operational excellence across all technological functions.
- Oversee the seamless integration of new technologies, systems, and processes.
- Lead the technological assimilation of mergers and acquisitions, ensuring efficient onboarding and alignment with the company’s existing infrastructure and culture.
- Monitor and manage operational costs, ensuring the efficient and effective deployment of technological resources.
- Act as the key liaison between the company’s executive team, technology departments and the R&D center.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Engage stakeholders, external consultants, and experts for strategy formulation of new business, technology identification and implementation.
- Carry out the post-merger integration/ technology integration etc. activities for the M&A, JV etc. alliances of the business involved in.
- To engage in tech transfer activities and create technical content as a part of the technology transfer activities – PID’s, equipment mapping, Risk assessment reports, Batch production record, Process Flow diagrams etc.
- Work and collaborate with R&D team in the labs and the pilot plant and design and execution of experiments to ensure robust trouble-free processes are developed.
- Interact with various functions to ensure that tech transfer activities are performed smoothly, on time and with no errors.
- Take up initiatives to improve productivity and technical accuracy.
- Take overall responsibility for people development initiatives and building up in-house capabilities for the employees in the function.
- Drive a performance driven culture in the team by timely monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to the team members.
- Contribute towards development of talent for the department by providing subordinates with adequate exposure and growth opportunities to enable readiness for higher roles.
Qualification & Experience
- Tech/ M. Tech in chemical engineering or related field. PhD. would be an added advantage.
- 20+yrs experience in process technology scale-up within the chemical industry preferably in Batch Process.
- Experience of working with the Global team/ MNC’s would be preferred.
- Industry: Chemicals/ Petrochemicals/ Oil & Gas/ Paints/ Performance & Advanced Materials