The executive will be accountable for overseeing both manufacturing operations and commercial functions, taking on complete responsibility for the business P&L.
Strategy and Planning
- Formulate and drive the business strategy & Annual Operation Plan in line with the company’s business plan and targets.
- Develop operating strategy (covering production, quality, HSE etc.) in line with the business strategy.
- Monitor and track performance against targets and set governance to ensure operational & financial prudence.
- Monitor manufacturing performance and take corrective action for course correction in case of deviations.
- Explore opportunities to drive cost efficiencies across the value chain.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, encouraging the adoption of best practices in various functions.
- Track and review production targets, production planning & control and manufacturing engineering
- Analyze plant productivity, operational efficiencies and ensure best in class manufacturing systems and processes. Work on Productivity improvement techniques.
- Ensure focus on Quality management (QA), Preventive and Predictive maintenance and Utilities management.
- Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives, to drive continuous improvement in quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that all statutory compliance requirements applicable to the business are adhered to.
Supply Chain Management
- Provide leadership and oversight across the entire supply chain, including procurement of Capital goods, engineering goods, raw material and packing material, logistics, inventory management & distribution and mitigate potential risks.
- Enhancing sustainable savings through strategic, long-term planning of raw material procurement, optimizing costs, and addressing supply challenges
- Oversee key vendors, conducting regular evaluations, while also appraising and onboarding new vendors to unlock opportunities for improved value propositions.
- Monitor performance of vendors to ensure alignment with the company’s objectives, emphasizing supply reliability in terms of quality, timely delivery, and adherence to EHS standards.
- Optimize supply chain processes to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and improve overall performance.
- Foster strong relationships with suppliers, distributors, and other key stakeholders
- Review logistics budget & vendor selection strategy to ensure better economies of scale and cost optimization.
Sales & Marketing
- Develop and implement strategic plans for expanding the company’s market share through business development initiatives.
- Formulate and drive a comprehensive export strategy aligned with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to create integrated strategies for product promotion and market penetration.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, understanding their needs and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, competitor activities, and potential opportunities for growth.
- Accountable for delivering overall sales numbers.
- Review sales revenue projections and performance against the same on a regular basis.
- Leverage relationships with new & existing accounts to steady revenue flows as well as ensure market penetration.
- Oversee insights basis marketing analytics & metrics such as marketing effectiveness, sales numbers etc.
- Take overall responsibility for coaching and mentoring people and building up in-house capabilities for the employees in the department.
- Drive a performance driven culture in the team by timely monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to the team members.
- Contribute towards development of talent by providing subordinates with adequate exposure and growth opportunities to enable readiness for higher roles.
Qualification & Experience
- Good Pedigree both academic & professional. Bachelor’s Degree (preferably a Chemical Engineering
- Graduate) with an MBA degree would be preferred.
- 20 – 25 years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years P&L responsibility (preferably worth INR 1000 Cr – 1500 Cr.)
- Age: Up to 55 years
- Industry preference: Chemicals (Batch & Continuous Process)\
- Prior experience in Manufacturing and subsequently transitioned to Sales & Business roles preferred.
- Multilocation experience with a proven track record of growing business and achieving financial targets.
- Experience of working with entrepreneurs & in a high growth organization is highly desired.