- Capacity Planning – Assess preparations to meet market requirements from time to time. Establish capacities required both in terms of men and machine to meet projected volumes and augment short falls. Work out strategies for generating outside support for components / sub-assemblies / assemblies and implement based on techno commercial evaluation.
- Capital investment – Evaluate capital investment plans prepared by different locations, get approval, and implement.
- Manufacturing technology – Review manufacturing technology to keep abreast with the latest developments and work out action plan for upgradation and implementation.
- Labour Relations – Assess scenario on labor relations for all the three locations from time to time and guide divisions in taking disciplinary actions / corrective measures etc. Formulate strategies to improve discipline, enhance productivity through day-to-day actions and long-term settlements in consultation with HR Department.
- Monitoring of targets – Monitor performance of respective divisions on monthly / annual basis against budget. Guide divisional heads to take corrective measures wherever required.
- Product development / upgradation – Establish needs for new products / upgradations in existing products in consultation with Marketing / Sales. Work out an action plan for implementation and get it implemented. Guide engineering team in translating market requirements in product designs.
- Product quality / customer satisfaction – Though the regular review of rejections establishes needs for process improvements / training and get implemented. Based on the feedback through Q-complaints / trials establish need for corrective actions and implement.
- Financial performance – Review financial performance and assess variances with budget and take corrective measures. Regular review of profitability of various products and solutions to meet market expectations.
- Service to Customers – Regular review of performance on “On Time Delivery”, Stocks at Godowns Vs. Market needs and corrective measures.
- Participate in setting productivity and wage norms.
- Develop and implement incentive schemes and productivity bonus for the workforce.
- Implementation of Health, Safety and Environment initiatives.
- Focus & implementation of Employee Engagement initiatives.
- In-depth Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of Manufacturing technology
- Exposure to Quality Management
- Hands on Planning
- Strategic Thinking
- Leadership Skills
- Conflict Management
- Communication and Presentation
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing, 5S, Value engineering
- Analytical techniques
- Man Management
- Decision Making
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering – BE (Mechanical)
- Professional experience: 18 to 20 years of experience in the manufacturing function
- Position is expected to have good planning ability, strong technical knowhow, and ability to
manage inter department co-operation successfully.
- Age between 45 to 52 years