- To plan and strategize centralized procurement for four plants, Two foundries of the organisation operating in India as well organisation’s Tech office procurement. Procurement of all items: Direct,Indirect and Capital.
- To develop competitive, reliable, and high-Quality suppliers of raw materials and components.
- To aggressively pursue cost reduction measures through centralized bulk buying, as well as through continuously developing alternate sourcing including international sourcing of materials and components.
- Responsible for Vendor Management function. To continuously assess and monitor vendor performance in order to ensure reliability, quality and competitiveness. To arrange vendor meet.To ensure upgradation and retention of good vendors by rationalizing vendor base.Drive Supplier Audit and in Process Improvement with QM.
- To formalize price basis for high value category items and review price structure as well sanction / recommend price fluctuations.To assess rate contract and legal agreement for various services availed by organisation.To review terms of payment to supplier including documentation
- To assist management in strategic decision making of whether to manufacture in house or buy from supplier, based on economical factor, keeping interest of organisation on upfront. To support outsourcing and key offloading process and ensure execution of outsourcing decisions by outsourcing cell.
- Extending support to plants for adherence of manufacturing schedules with timely, competitive and high-quality supplies. Acting as a facilitator for purchase divisional heads for sourcing, System establishments’ etc. Initiate development of Lead buyers from the team of different group of materials.To ensure high level of motivation in each plant purchase team leading to high level of performance. Establishing interplant coordination between divisional purchase heads for better resource utilisation.
- To interact, to seek and benefit from inputs from Head of Procurement function at Organisation’s AG Corporate level. Develop Organisation as a source for international plant’s of the organisation. To support category Managers at Global Level for implementation of strategic measures. Administer International Purchasing Office.
- To monitor rejection level of bought out items. To initiate inventory reduction actions to increase inventory turns.
- To act as a functional consultant for purchase within organisation for establishing ERP system. To develop and monitor system for O.E. and spares compliance improvement. Ensure adequate training and job rotation of buyers.
- To manage Custom clearance and Bank liaisoning activity for Import transactions.Interact with major vendors and ensure on time ordering, documentation and supplies (through respective plant purchase heads).
- Graduate in Engineering with Diploma in Materials Management.
- 18 – 20 years of experience in Techno commercial skills.
- Exposure in International purchase.
- In depth knowledge of castings, Proprietary bought outs (Turbine, Electric Motors, Diesel Engine, Mechanical Seals, Control Panel) and commodities.