- To provide leadership to the Quality Process across multi-site locations in continuously achieving Quality Excellence in all realms of product, process, procedures, and sustaining efficiency & effectiveness defined by company policies and regulatory framework by cross functional collaboration and meeting customer needs and expectations.
Policy & Quality System and Operations
- Work closely with the Head of Conversion, Plant Head and Business Creation team to set up process strategy in line with organization strategy and achieve organizational objectives.
- To set up the Quality System and procedure for the organization and ensure regular review CQA Audits and Vendor Audits.
- To ensure Quality processes and improvement initiatives are driven with focus and rigour keeping compliance with the established standards.
- To ensure that necessary / critical changes in controlled documents for quality control measures are done periodically / as and when changes happening in order to guarantee the achievement of the defined quality objectives and standards. Periodic supervision and review of policy, manuals and SOP’s.
- To ensure culture of Management of Change is continuously fostered and sustained in realms of Quality related matters
- Key member of Pre-Safety Start-up Review (PSSR), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) committee and Factory Operations Team
- To ensure that validations are performed on equipment, processes and software used in manufacturing and testing of product.
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with IMS
- Manage and lead a group of Quality Teams and ensure that all tasks are performed according to business rules, guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for overall resource management within the quality Process.
- To review all CEP projects, SMS and block stocks and ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the process
- Develop and implementation of Digital strategy for the Quality vertical
Customer Delight & Continuous Improvement
- Ensure a high level of collaboration with external partner groups e.g. Key customer and functional teams inclusive of Innovation, operations, business creation to meet joint accountabilities.
- Ensure the development of processes and procedures to meet global product safety/regulatory, reporting requirements. Review of Customer query and complaints resolutions.
- Management of non-conformance and corrective and preventative action systems including the control of further processing and delivery of non-conforming product until any deficiencies or unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- Comparing and aligning quality goals with industry standards.
- Host and lead ISO and other regulatory authority audits.
Sustainability, Culture & Ethos
- Responsible for inducing Quality consciousness throughout the organization and champion Quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Represent Quality of the organization at internal and external meetings.
- Lead and support functional projects through Quality Council.
Leadership & People Development
- Responsible for reporting on the performance of the QA process to Board and GOC along with review of monthly MIS.
- Build the Quality team, manage the function and direct the team. Provide regular mentoring, and coaching to Quality team members, ensure the success of the team’s manual and automation efforts.
- Discuss and set up development plans for all team members together with section in charge and People Energy (Talent Nurturing) Process to further develop individual’s skills and potentials.
- Responsible for overall training strategy based on Mapped Competency and Skill Matrix. Support the training of other Process in Quality/Safety related procedures/regulatory obligation.
Desired leadership competencies:
- Managing Vision & Purpose; proven leadership experience and demonstrated track record of delivering results within timelines and cost
- Strategic Agility
- Leading from the front
- Hands-on approach (as and when required); Ability to roll-up his sleeves and get into the depth of an issue
- High accountability & ownership, work seamlessly with cross functional teams
- Resilience & grit
- Managing Innovation
- Building Trust; ability to inspire and influence
- Building Effective Team
- Stakeholder management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Critical Thinking / Analytical in nature; ability to connect the dots & have a macro view
- Knowledge of best practices, current Quality Standards and Regulations impacting the Surfactants industry, International Standards, GLP, and GMP
- Must have an excellent understanding of the manufacturing process at the sites
- Risk Identification & Risk Management
- Strong communication skills to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly across all levels of management and peers within the organization.
- Ability to manage complex projects involving multiple functions.
- Ability to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry is a must
- 15-20 + years of experience in the QA/QC of Chemical manufacturing organization
- Sound chemistry knowledge
- Quality Control: familiarity with analytical techniques including wet analysis and instrument analysis
- Quality Assurance: understanding of various systems including ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and OSHA
- Experience of managing multiple locations and multiple sites
- Knowledge of ISO 9000/14000/OSHA
- Age: up to 52 years