- To lead, develop and manage the strategic and operational performance of the group business including defining and articulating the organizational vision, defining, and setting long-term strategic direction and objectives (3 – 5 years) and setting medium-term (1 – 3 year) and near-term (0 – 1 year) business deliverables.
- To provide the leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profit, and return on investment.
- To identify, set and deliver against key market, financial, operational, business-culture and business-process measures, including shareholder returns, EBITDA, P&L, ROCE, PAT, customer satisfaction, and other key metrics across the global activities of the business.
- To lead the executive and senior management teams focusing on the development and delivery of business strategy and plans for the business vertical; ensuring business culture, structure, financial resources, people competencies development, processes and practices are aligned with long-term corporate strategy and vision.
- To develop, manage and ensure the success of the company brand across all key business verticals and market segments globally, delivering customer and market objectives and targets.
- To be accountable for the planning & execution of long terms and mid-term business development strategy including identification and development of new product categories, new market development and new customer penetration.
- To enhance overall wallet, share with existing and new customers.
- To be fully responsible for the Budgeting and P&L by managing (or at minimum, influencing) all aspects that generate product’s revenue – marketing, positioning, pricing, sales, distribution, even strategic partnerships, product features, content, etc.
- To lead revenue forecasting by analyzing business tactics, performance analysis, pricing and sales strategies, market research and competitor analysis.
- To work cross-functionally with other leadership and executive officer team such as R&D, SCM, Strategy, Finance and Human Resources to ensure the objectives set out are met.
- To drive the customer experience strategy of the business unit by ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- To direct and oversee the business unit Marketing, Operations. Sales etc. function to generate the above.
- To communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- To continuously optimize the throughput with given resources.
- To carry out research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services.
- To ensure adequate staffing with the required skill set and to identify the gaps and abridging those gaps.
- This position shall be based in Pune, whereas there shall be 50% mobility including local, domestic, and international travel as per business need.
- Develop manpower strategies aligned with the Business Unit Organization Structure.
- Collaborate with the SCM Head to finalize raw material sourcing, pricing, and strategic initiatives.
- Partner with the Strategy team to craft a multi-generational product portfolio spanning long-term, mid-term, and near-term goals. Engage with R&D to bring these products to fruition.
- Inspire, guide, and mentor the team to foster motivation and growth.
Qualification & Experience
- Must have an Engineering Degree, MBA or other business-related degree is preferred.
- 20-25 Years of relevant experience in engineering and operations environment, including minimum 5 years in executive & general management roles across complex, multi-functional organization in B2B sector
- Minimum 5 years direct exposure to international markets and major global customers, preferably across multiple continents and including in-country (expatriate) assignment in a major international market.
- International Negotiation & Relationship Management / Cross-Cultural Understanding
- International Market Knowledge and Customer Connect
- Strategic Thinking & Planning / Achievement Orientation & Result Focused
- Organizational Awareness / Organizational Impact & Influence
- Organizational Leadership & Executive Management / Communication & Stakeholder Management
- Required to be actively engaged in customer-facing responsibilities, demonstrating extensive market penetration and robust connections with key players in the Indian automotive industry, with a primary focus on Maruti, Tata, Mahindra, and secondary focus on KIA, Hyundai, and Renault, among others. While having connections with export customers is beneficial, it is not mandatory.
- Must have strong experience of Marketing, Strategy and Business Development
- Good to have operational knowledge and understanding of Automotive, engineering and manufacturing processes in a related industry.
- Visionary leader capable of formulating, planning, and executing strategies to ensure future readiness.
- Executive team and people-resource management expertise, including cross-cultural and multi-market capabilities.
- Preferred to have candidate from Indian organisations but also open to MNC’s.
- Age ideally between 45-50 years.